Sunday, September 26, 2004

AHM 2004

Woke up early in the morning at 3.00am to get ready for the AHM run today. Hmm... dunno if it's such a good idea considering the closest i've ever gotten to 21km over the last 3 years was only 12km at ECP last month. Nonetheless, i just followed suit and got down to the assembly area, skipping brekkie in the process. We boarded the bus outside HQ block and made our way to the Padang.

When the horn sounded, everyone surged forward. Wow, there was an immense amount of energy in the air. Ok, the first 2 or 3 km was pretty much of a breeze. I even surprised myself that i kept up with CO's pace (i was running just beside him) for the initial stretch. But once we came to the stretch of road on the Sheares bridge just before Fort Road, ...*tyre punctured*... my stride became shorter and shorter, feet weighs like a ton of bricks and blistering, i started to walk. Oh no, no turning back man... couldn't catch my pace back anymore. What's worse was all the prespiration and water that i poured on myself to cool my body down had made my vest very soaking wet, and was starting to give me abrasion on my torso. The same for my shorts on my inner thighs. *Aw* Stings man...

Finally managed to make my way back, half running, half walking to the finishing line at esplanade. Boy, my legs were so wobbly i quickly made my way back to the padang and sat down. Managed to catch a 20 min nap to recover some strength before being dismissed. Went for a huge indulgent lunch at KFC Suntec with a couple of S1 branch guys. SUPER HUNGRY!!!

No comments: