Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Whatever that comes to mind

Just felt like i needed to blog today, but don're really know what to write about. so this is going to be spontaneous.

Well, just went through the 2nd day of class at my new firm. I'm in the process of completing my migration to an Independent Financial Advisory Firm. In the meantime, there's like a mini-academy of sorts that prepares new financial adviser representatives (or Consultants). It's quite interesting though, and i like being in class even though it can get pretty boring at times, especially after lunch.

Some people had asked me on why the sudden change... It's not really sudden actually, cos i've actually been recruited by them while i was attending Sales Academy with my previous life insurance principal (Company P). I turned it down at that time as i had already signed a written commitement to go through Sales Academy. It's only after a few months on the job and many discussions with potential prospects, that i began to see the value of an IFA platform. It has been a struggle in deciding whether to migrate. It really was and still is, even though by now i might have lost the trust of many people i've dealt with, and it's no surprise they would feel that way, and i doubt they'll ever believe that it was a real struggle for me.

But this period of serving out the remainder of my engagement with Company P, and waiting for my FA Rep license has enabled me the time and peace to review my work process and correct the areas which requires improvements. The end product: A clear goal, new strategy, and a new commitement to follow through. I've never had my thoughts and objectives appear so crystal clear in my mind in a long, long time. It just feels so refreshing and energizing, and i'm like so relieved.

I will succeed. No more fooling around this time. I WILL BE NO. 1!!!

No comments: