Monday, March 28, 2005

A job on the way?

Was woken up abruptly this morning by the ringing of my mobile phone. Feeling a little sheepish from a lack of sleep, it took me quite a while to walk over to my desk (which seemed like a mile when your eyes are half-shut). It was a lady from a recruitment agency asking me if i was interested in a position that they had. Wow, i never knew an adrenaline rush could be so rapid... from a 'half-alive' condition, i immediately sprang into life, and put on my 'chirpy & sunshine' mode.

It was for a temp position at a foreign bank.Now, there are quite a few things that i like about this offer:
1. It's for a foreign bank. Typically challenging but rewarding.
2. It's based in Tampines Central which means i can beat the morning MRT crowd since i live nearby.
3. It's temp, but the conversion rate to perm or contract basis is quite high at 80 - 90% (at least that's what the lady told me...)
4. It's involving Credit & Corporate Finance work. The chances of transferring to analysis dept is also quite high, depending on performance.

Almost everything i ever wanted so far. At the beginning of March, God had put in me a vision that He has the perfect job for me, and all i have to do is be patient and trust in His timing. Of late, i was quite disappointed with job searching already, owing to the poor response rate to my 'resume-shooting' frenzy. Then this offer came along. Is this God coming through for me?

No comments: