Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hillsong Conference 2005 (D-5)

Hillsong Conference 2005, Sydney, Australia
28 Jun 05 (D-5)
SIN – SYD

06:00am (GMT +0800)
Awoken by the alarm on my mobile to freshen up and pack the necessary toiletries before double-checking and sealing the luggage bag.

07:15am (GMT +0800)
Set off for Changi International Airport to check in for my flight. Decided to take a bus to save money, but realized it wasn’t such a good idea to hop onto a public bus along with the morning crowd. After checking in, I somehow felt apprehensive about the trip even though this is not my first time traveling alone. But I know God is with me through it all, so neither who nor what shall I fear? It’s all in good hands.

09:45am (GMT +0800)
The plane finally took to the skies in the direction of Sydney, Australia, after a brief delay. Lunch was served shortly onboard. The entertainment was passable, so time passed pretty smoothly despite it being a 7.5 hr flight. Had a brief nap after 3 hours into the flight.

19:20pm (GMT +1000)
Finally touched down at Kingsford-Smith International Airport. Travelling light this time, so customs and quarantine clearance was very smooth. Took a train to the city centre to the YWCA hostel before joining the rest of the team at Somerset Darling Harbour on the 30th. The ride cost me a shocking A$11.20. But still, it’s much cheaper than a cab.

21:00 (GMT +1000)
Had a bit finding my way around. Was overconfident about my knowledge of Sydney roads. Decided to pop by a local motel to ask for directions. Finally found my lodging for the night after 15 minutes on foot. Decided not to shower until the next morning (EeeeeEeeeeee…) due to the cold and also the fatique. Decided to have an early night at 21:55pm.

Jon,

Signing out from Sydney, Australia.

No comments: