Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Super Long OT

I was wondering, if i drew a monthly remuneration in excess of S$6000, would i be hardworking enough to work 15.5 hours in a day...

I basically stepped in at 0730 yesterday morning and worked until 2300! Got held back, first to have a briefing around 5.30pm, and then a conference at 7pm, department meeting at 9.30pm, followed by more paperwork until around 2300. I really couldn't take it any longer, so once i finished my assigned tasks, i asked my immediate superior for permission to excuse myself. But right after, i asked him, i wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do. He, like myself was unwillingly forced, just like the rest of us to work late with boss. I really felt so sorry for him. But C'mon, we are only drawing an average remuneration of less than 10% of what boss is earning, and yet we have to work the same hours. That's such a perfect example of a group of overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated workers. I really feel so frustrated at having to sacrifice my own personal time to do work, and yet at the same time, i empathise for boss and the rest of the branch members who also work very hard. Is this one of the cons of having a 5-day work week?

No comments: